Hi Friends!! The past few days I’ve been sharing some projects I have been working on, repurposed from a thrift store sweater!
And to see the first project, a DIY Scarf, click the scarf image below!
Today I am happy to share with you Transformation #2 – a DIY Pillow!
1. Create a crease or draw a line from armpit to armpit. Cut along that crease/line, separating the sleeves, shoulder, clavicle section of the sweater from the torso section. At this point, you should have a rectangle (or you can cut lower down the torso for a square, whatever shape you are wanting).
2. Turn your sweater inside out, so you can see the ugly part of the side seams. You will need to close the 2 open ends, so sew up one side of the ends and sew up allllllllmost all of the other side, leaving about 1-2 inches open.
3. Use that opening to turn your pillow right-side out so now you are looking at it in its pillowy glory.
4. Now is your chance to embellish, if you would like to. I took some white embroidery floss and stitched a quick vine design onto the corner of the pillow. You could also do initials, a word/short phrase, attach buttons, flowers, whatever! The world is your pillowy oyster!
5. Fill your pillow with fluff n’ stuff. My dog, Ella destroyed a 2 bed pillows a few years ago, which totally sucked. But luckily I kept the fluff in a trash bag for instances JUST like this 🙂 Hoarder? Goodness no. I just know valuable materials when I see ’em!
6. Hand stitch the remaining 1-2 inch opening to close and finish it up!
And as always, no craft project at my house would be complete without one of my animals crashin’ my photo shoot. Ella is my beautiful 6 year old pitbull mix and even SHE thinks this pillow is soft and comfy! 🙂
I think that “face” wants me to wrap it up!
What do you guys think? Is this a project you think you would want to tackle? I would love to hear your feedback and see your projects!! Be sure to leave a comment, check out our Facebook HERE and make sure to tune in tomorrow to see my last and FAVORITE Sweater Transformation! Love you friends and have a sweeeeeeeeeeet, repurposeful day! xo- Court